StriveTogether leads the national Cradle to Career Network of over 65 communities to build the capability of leaders and practitioners across multiple sectors – early childhood, K-12 education, higher education, business, nonprofit, philanthropic, and civic – to support the success of every child along their learning journey from cradle to career.
With a nationally-recognized collective impact approach, StriveTogether convenes the Network committed to aligning local resources and changing systems to eliminate disparities and improve educational outcomes. Guided by a Theory of Action that builds on lessons from Network members, StriveTogether provides tools and resources and delivers customized strategic assistance to help communities create and sustain the conditions necessary for education improvement at scale.
StriveTogether is focused on strengthening the capability of leaders across all sectors at all levels to work together to use data to inform actions to change systems in order to get dramatically better results at scale. To learn more about our work, our impact, our team and core values, please visit www.strivetogether.org
Benefits of Working at StriveTogether:
- Results at Scale: StriveTogether’s Network of more than 65 partnerships is connecting more than 9,000 organizations that impact more than 8 million students nationwide. Our work helps communities improve systems to result in better and more equitable outcomes for millions of students across the country – with a dedicated focus on eliminating educational disparities.
- Entrepreneurship and Innovation: A small, nimble organization working with a broad national Network of deeply committed communities, we are committed to continuous improvement and operate as an action-oriented learning system.
- Collaboration and Coaching: Our focus on capability-building and leadership development relies on building and strengthening relationships with leaders and practitioners across the country. We practice our approach internally through cross-functional collaborative teamwork: our team members have the autonomy to lead the strategy and implementation of priority projects.
- Professional Growth and Development: Our people are our greatest asset and we work with team members to understand their individual professional and growth aspirations and provide coaching, resources and training to support them. We support StriveTogether team members in integrating their professional growth with self-care strategies to support a healthy work/life balance throughout their careers.
StriveTogether is recruiting for a Senior Manager, Learning and Coaching. The position is responsible for working with the StriveTogether Cradle to Career Network of communities to cultivate knowledge and activate action to accelerate local efforts to eliminate disparities and improve outcomes at scale.
The ideal candidate has a results orientation, an interdisciplinary and creative mindset, and strong synthesis skills. Excellent oral and written communication skills – with the ability to communicate complex concepts simply – are a must, as well as strong interpersonal and facilitation skills. Some experience working in policy, coaching and training, communications, community engagement, or emergent learning and design is preferred. This is an exciting and unique opportunity to work with the country’s only national network of Cradle to Career partnerships and directly contribute to the result of helping every child succeed from cradle to career.
Develop and Refine Tools and Resources to Expedite Partnership Progress
- Develop tools and resources to accelerate partnership progress, considering multiple learning styles and audiences to develop resources that can be used by diverse stakeholders across the Cradle to Career Network and the social sector field as a whole
- Actively solicit feedback to refine existing tools and resources
- Identify opportunities to test innovations in learning strategies
Directly Support Local Leaders and Practitioners through Coaching and Strategic Assistance
- Build the capability of local leaders and practitioners through tailored coaching and support through one-on-one support for cradle to career partnerships, cohort-based offerings, capability-building
convenings, and/or coaching calls and webinars
Manage Internal Learning Gathering and Application Processes for Priority Projects
- Collaborate with colleagues to build and maintain learning strategies for major projects
- Support the continuous improvement of StriveTogether curriculum based on insights
- Bachelor’s Degree required; Master’s Degree preferred with 2-3 years professional experience
- Demonstrated passion for and commitment to StriveTogether’s mission and values exemplified through work experience, leadership opportunities, or community involvement; experience in education policy and practice a plus, passion for eliminating educational inequities is required.
- Results-oriented and able to work with limited guidance and exercise independent judgment
- Solid service orientation: Urgency and results focused to ensure timely and appropriate responses to issues raised or shifting demands and tight deadlines
- Poised oral and written communicator, demonstrating professionalism and content expertise
- Outstanding interpersonal skills; demonstrated ability to build and maintain relationships
- Creative and dynamic problem solving skills, with proven ability to work collaboratively to address adaptive challenges, resolve conflicts, and address strategic issues with diverse partners
- Growth mindset, focus on equity and inclusion, and strong inclination for continuous improvement
- Entrepreneurial leader who can strategize and implement diverse projects, generating new ideas and willing to own and implement proposed ideas while maximizing limited resources
- Adept at prioritizing and completing workload to deliver results within allotted timeframes
- Skilled in process and project management: high degree of organization, and attention to detail in order to meet deadlines, often within very tight timeframes
- Demonstrated ability to write and prepare documents/reports/correspondence/proposals in a concise, logical, grammatically appropriate format
- Ability to maintain rational and objective demeanor when faced with stressful situations
- Ability to work independently with limited guidance and exercise independent judgment
- Ability to travel between 30% and 50% depending on Network needs