KnowledgeWorks, has an exciting opening for a Education Ecosystem Research Intern reporting to the Director of Operations.
The Education Ecosystem Research Intern will support StrivePartnership’s strategic initiatives by providing critical insight into local and national trends, as well as innovation of educational strategic programs. This work will provide critical support to the implementation of SP’s current strategic interventions and provide direction for future investments through the Every Child Capital fund and other collaborations. This position also will work to maintain and strengthen relationships with education collective impact organizations in other cities through the StriveTogether network and other collective impact networks in order to elevate SP’s understanding of the education landscape.
The intern will report to the Director of Performance Analytics. This position will be full time, 30 - 40 hours per week, and will run through June of 2019.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Research educational trends locally and nationally related to StrivePartnership Strategic Initiatives
- Identify and evaluate research related to the urban education ecosystem to assist SP’s Field and Operations teams in the assessment of local initiatives
- Identify emerging best practices surrounding educational structure and policy
- Explore innovations in education to assist communities in reaching transformative, sustainable outcomes for students
- Regularly review publications on education intervention outcomes for students and communities
- Track findings and outputs of key researchers, organizations, and companies focused on education innovation
- Proactively build and strengthen relationships with other community partnerships
- Work with SP Operations and Field team members to engage local partners around key learnings related to cradle-to-career outcomes.
- Communicate with collective impact organizations within the national StriveTogether network, the state Ohio Cradle-to-Career network, and other collective impact associations to improve understanding of effective education initiatives
- Assist in SP’s “Community Deep Dive” asset-mapping strategic intervention
- Work with community and partner participants to chronicle the implementation of the initiative and provide support
- Synthesize and communicate relevant insights to StrivePartnership team and external partners
- Produce a monthly research report that is presented to SP team members
- Produce a quarterly research report for SP’s Executive Committee and other stakeholders
- Other duties as assigned
- Currently enrolled as a graduate student at an accredited university
- Ability to multitask, learn quickly, and adapt to changing priorities
- Ability to work as a team-player
- Strong time management, decision-making, and problem-solving skills
- High attention to detail
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Ability to work comfortably and respectfully among diverse populations in an urban environment
- Ability to effectively use or learn multiple technology applications or programs (Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- All majors will be considered, but preferred majors are: political science, social sciences, communications, English, urban affairs, public policy, and other majors with an emphasis on research and/or urban policy
- Previous research experience strongly preferred
- An understanding of policy as it relates to education or work around diverse populations
- Experience working with diverse communities (such as community organizing, grassroots movements, non-profit organizations)
Additionally, all positions within KnowledgeWorks require these core competencies:
- Growth Mindset: An orientation to continuous learning, including the ability to embrace change and share personal learnings and insights with others
- Powerful Partnership: The ability to build and foster trusting relationships with others, seek and recognize other's contributions and advocate for self and others
- Foresight and Innovation: An aptitude for strategic insight and foresight that informs decisions and results in learning from activities to inform the future.
- Clear and Candid Communication skills that include clarity, credibility, respect and proactivity.
Strive Partnership is part of KnowledgeWorks, which is an Ohio-based non-profit social enterprise that works to foster meaningful personalized learning that enables every student to thrive in college, career and civic life. KnowledgeWorks works on the ground with schools and communities through a portfolio of innovative education approaches, helps state and federal leaders establish policy conditions necessary to prepare all students for success, and provides national thought leadership around the future of learning.
Be part of a team that is focused on changing the world by changing how education is delivered.