KnowledgeWorks has an exciting opening for a Communications & Engagement Intern reporting to the Director of Operations.
The Communications & Engagement Intern will support StrivePartnership’s strategic initiatives by providing a variety of communications tools that promote the organization to a diverse audience and foster collaboration with strategic partners. This position is responsible for assisting StrivePartnership team members with communications, new website launch, and social media activities. The ideal candidate must possess excellent collaboration and project management skills as well as orientation to detail. It is important this individual be innovative, self-motivated, and committed to the StrivePartnership mission. This is a non-exempt position that reports to the Director of Operations.
This position will require 20 hours/week and will run from August 1st, 2017 to December 22nd, 2017.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide support to the organization’s core communications needs
- Assist staff in the editing and design of communications and presentation materials, such as PowerPoints, articles, blogs, and reports
- Work with internal staff and communications functions of partner organizations to develop press releases and other media engagement
- Support staff and consultant in the development and promotion of the Class in Session weekly radio show
- Work with staff to design and execute a social media plan that enhances external engagement with partners and communities to elevate the reach of StrivePartnership
- Gather content from staff and communicate national and local educational trends that support SP’s strategic initiatives through external channels
- Work collaboratively with team to develop messaging that adds value to SP’s brandProvide social media and graphic design support for the SP teamAssist in new website launch
- Work collaboratively with internal and external teams to create new website that highlights SP’s brandAid in developing content and drafting posts for website
- Research and engagement
- Collaborate with KnowledgeWorks staff to proactively track high traffic posts, and communicate results of website engagement to the SP team
- Research and utilize communications best practices that other teams are leveraging
- Other duties as assigned
- Candidates must be enrolled as a graduate or undergraduate student at an accredited university
- Ability to learn quickly and adapt to changing priorities
- Ability to work as a team-player
- Strong time management, decision-making, and problem-solving skills
- High attention to detail
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Ability to effectively use or learn multiple technology applications or programs (Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, survey software, social media platforms, etc.)
- All majors will be considered, but preferred majors are: communications, English, business, and education
- Preference given to graduate students or undergraduates entering their junior or senior year
- Previous classwork or experience in: communications research, business communication, social media, digital marketing, or similar coursework
- Experience effectively engaging diverse and/or urban communities and audiences
KnowledgeWorks is an Ohio-based non-profit social enterprise that works to foster meaningful personalized
learning that enables every student to thrive in college, career and civic life. KnowledgeWorks works on the ground with schools and communities through a portfolio of innovative education approaches, helps state and federal leaders
establish policy conditions necessary to prepare all students for success, and provides national thought leadership around the future of learning.
Be part of a team that is focused on changing the world by changing how education is delivered.